Most people are always uncomfortable showing their faces during on-screen zoom meetings. In most situations and with many participants on video conference, there is no need to show yourself if you are there to listen only. You can just show your profile picture to alert the others that you are in the meeting by showing zoom pictures instead of video.
Is your picture is not showing during zoom meeting? It may seem okay but it does not represent you as a person. You can show a picture in a zoom meeting through the following methods.
Adding your profile in zoom
You might not have added your profile picture on Zoom. This can be added by using the Zoom web app, mobile or desktop app or even through your google account through the following steps.
- Go to https://zoom.us/ on your browser.
- Sign in to your account.
- Select My Account in the upper right corner.
- Click on the left side and under your profile picture, click change.
- Select the Upload button and choose a picture.
- Crop it and click the save button.
Adding Profile picture via Zoom Mobile App
- First, launch the Zoom app.
- Tap Settings at the bottom right.
- Select your name.
- Tap profile photo
- Select choose Photo and upload your picture.
Adding Profile picture through Google Account
- Go to https://myaccount.google.com/
- Sign in to your Gmail account.
- Select the personal Info option that appears on the left side.
- Select the photo you want to upload.
- Click on the set as profile photo button.
- Log in to Zoom using your google account and your profile picture will appear immediately.
Adding profile Picture via Zoom Desktop App on Mac and Windows 10
- Click on your profile picture in the upper right corner on the Zoom desktop client home screen.
- Click on settings.
- Scroll down to the Profile section and then click on your profile picture to change it
- Click on change picture and select the photo you want from your computer.
- Hit the save button.
- Adding profile picture during the meeting
- If you are at a zoom meeting, you can right-click on the video. There will be a list of options.
- Select Add profile picture.
- Chose the photo and click on Save.
- Turn off the video and your profile picture will appear.
Asking the zoom meeting host
The meeting host may have enabled the Hide Participant Profile Pictures feature during the meeting. You can solve this by requesting the host to disable the feature. The host navigating to the setting menu. On the security option or the meeting, the host will be in a position to enable the profile picture can achieve this.
Signing in to your Zoom account
You might have joined the meeting as a guest and not through your account. In this case, the profile picture does not appear at all. You simply need to use your account to sign in by leaving the meeting and re-joining with your account to show your profile picture.