Advertisements popping up on the Yahoo homepage can be very annoying. They can as well prevent you from seeing important information such as weather updates, email messages, and the latest headlines. Moreover, some advertisements are inappropriate, especially for an office setting. It doesn’t matter the type of Web browser you are using because some add-ons block the advertisements and can be available for use in blocking ads on any page including yahoo.
You can learn how to remove sponsored ads from yahoo using various methods. The add-ons are judged based on their characteristic features and user reviews. When you learn how to block yahoo ads you ensure the content that is displayed on the screen is relevant and also appropriate at all times.
Download the Ad Block extension
This is designed to block advertisements on the yahoo website and is meant to block all banner ads appearing on your yahoo mailbox. This is how to block ads on the yahoo homepage.
- Visit https://getadblock.com/chrome in Chrome.
- Click Get Ad block for Chrome
- Click Add to Chrome button
- Click Add extension to confirm. When the extension is fully installed, you will come across Ad Block’s red stop sign icon. This icon contains a white hand on the4 top right corner of the Chrome.
Configure Ad-Block to block the yahoo news ads
This Ad Block should be configured properly if it is installed. You should double-check to ensure it is functioning properly.
The first thing to do is to click the Ad Block Button on the top right corner of Chrome
- Click the gear icon at the top right corner of the Ad Block menu.
- Click on the Filters list option on the left panel
- Ensure that Easy List is properly checked.
You should remember that Ad Block permits certain ads via the filter button by default. These are the ads that seem acceptable. However, if you still come across ads on yahoo after enabling Ad Block, you can remove the Checkmark from Acceptable ads so that you can prevent more ads from coming through.
Use of uBlock
uBlock Origin can also assist in blocking ads on yahoo news. If you notice a certain site is not working as it should when using uBlock, then click the uBlock icon at the top-right corner. Click on the large power button so that you can turn off ad-blocking for the site. Follow the steps below to get rid of the ads.
- Go to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/adon/ublock-origin in Firefox. This is the original site of uBlock that helps to get rid of ads in yahoo and other sites. This is mostly recommended for Firefox and it is vetted and considered safe.
- Click on the blue Add to Firefox button that is near the top of the page. A warning pop-up will appear.
- Read the warning and click Add.
- Click Okay, Go it which will appear at the top right corner of your browser.
- Open the yahoo mail browser o the news browser on a new tab. Having followed the above steps correctly any ads that were previously appearing will now be hidden.